Friday, May 12, 2017

Everything Everything

       Imagine never being able to step outside your house, never being able to breathe that fresh air that comes in through the windows, or just being stuck in one boring white room for your entire life.  This is how Madaline Whittier lives.  She is an 18 year old teenage girl who Is completely vulnerable to the world, she steps outside and she dies.  This is because of her rare disease also known as 'bubble baby diease'. She followes the exact same schedule every day at the exact same place, until a boy next door comes creeping into her life.

       I personally really enjoyed the story, Everything Everything. I actually went out and bought the copy for myself and finished it in only one day.  The thing is, it's not one of my ultimate favorites.  It didn't give me any angst and it didn't make me cry like Heartless did.  Still, it captured my attention and managed to take up a majority of my day.

       The book is structured in a way that makes it easy for the readers to understand.  The entire book is told from Maddy's point of view and it even includes pictures and diagrams to help the readers.  It is also a very fast read because the pages just fly by!

       I would suggest this story to a person who likes to read teen fiction and is interested in romance.  The book also covers adventure and self-conflicts.  One reason I think it didn't satisfy me like my other books did is because I'm not used to reading stories with this genre.  Books like Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars, and Thirteen Reasons Why  dont have that affect of me.  If you do like those stories though I strongly recommend this one.




1 comment:

  1. Almost everyone I know is reading this book. I like the stance that this review takes. I will consider it when I decide whether or not to read this book.

    ReplyDelete