Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Lord of the Flies

       The Lord of the Flies is a book written by William Golding and was first published in 1945.  The book takes place during World War 2 when a group of British boys between the ages of 5-14 are stranded on a deserted island after their plane crashes.  The group of boys are left to survive by themselves with no adult supervision.  This brings out many problems between them because the boys soon become vulnerable to their surroundings, peers, and themselves.

       At first The Lord of the Flies progresses very slowly, painfully slowly actually.  It is written very descriptively and is in 3rd person point of view.  In the beginning I didn't quite like it because it seemed very boring and too long but towards the middle and ending it became very interesting to the point where I couldn't put it down.

       The book contains many details and symbolism in which the reader should follow because it makes everything way more intriguing.  I personally liked the book because I was able to create theories and engage in an excellent conversation (which sometimes turned into a debate) and imagine myself in the situation.  I also liked the fact that the story wasn't cliche or predictable.

       Overall, I would recommand this book to anyone who likes fictional stories revolving around survival and character difficulties.  I would also suggest a person who is patient to read this book because the pace can be slow at times.  Anyone who is willing to try a book that challenges their reading level should definitely read this as well.  This was a good book but may not work for others, my advice would be to not give up on it so soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment