Friday, April 28, 2017

Writer's Block Kills

       Writer's block.  Everyone's had it at one point in their life, even if you don't even write.  It's the feeling of knowing you want to type something up but not having any clue what that something is.  You're mind is clear of any thoughts and only an empty space fills it.  It's frustrating and irritating.
     
       I decided to write this blog quite ironically.  It was after PARCC testing when we had around 30 minutes to spare when I grabbbed my keyboard, connected it to my IPad, and pulled up Blogger on a new window.  I had been on a roll, 3 blogs in 2 days!  I was excited to start a new one but when I opened up a fresh page and when nothing came to mind I panicked.  How in the world had I forgot what to write about?!  I had a system!  I spent about hours trying to get rid of it, when suddenly I thought "How about write about how annoying writer's block is?!" Boom! I just broke the fourth wall.
     
       So here I am, writing this blog.  Now to make this piece of writing actually purposeful I'm going to give five tips on how to get rid of writer's block, all made up by me.  1. Listen to meaningful music, something that has a storyline to it and use it as inspiration. 2. Ask around for opinions on different topics, write about what other people think and if you agree or disagree and why. 3. Google some artwork, look at them and try to draw out the purpose of why they were created. 4. Evaluate everything, you'll find something you usually wouldn't. 5. Think about your memories, good or bad and write about them.
     
       Overall I hoped this helped.  If you have any more ideas please comment them in the comment section.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I needed it because I have been trying to write this one story, but I got stuck and didn't know what to write. I will definitely use these tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone is actually going to use them! I really was expecting them to just be ignored.

      Delete
    2. They shouldn't be ignored. They are really good.

      Delete