Monday, April 17, 2017

The Long Wait for My Puppy

       Three years ago on February 17th, 2015 we put my dog Jake down.  Jake was a pure-bred red nose pit bull, had hazel greenish eyes, and lived up to the age of 14.  He was my bestfriend, my older brother especially.  While he was being put down my dad grabbed his paw and promised to find a family member of his and give him a good life, like he did to Jake.  So we agreed to live up to that promise, but after a year because the family still needed to mourn.

       One year didn't work.  We did end up finding the place where he came from but unfortunately there were no puppies.  Before we did this we did look at shelters and other places where a red nose pitbull puppy might need a home.  We also considered a chocolate Labrador but that idea quickly faded once we recalled the promise.  At around that time we did go to a few pet stores to look for a chocolate Labrador because they didn't have pit bulls but I convinced my family not to buy from a pet store because some aren't reliable and may supports puppy mills.

       It has been over two years now and we are still waiting to get a puppy.  The entire family has dog withdrawals, we are in dire need of one!  We have still been looking at other places, at puppies that are not related at all to Jake but they don't seem to be calling to us.  So we have decided to wait until there is a litter of puppies ready.  These dogs are really special because they come from 28th generation of pure-bred pit bulls and they have their own papers.  Although the\y are very expensive this dog will mean so much to our family to the point where it will be worth it.  I honestly cannot wait any longer to be able to hold and care for another dog.  In the meantime while I'll wait, I will continue to study more about dogs and watch tutorials on DIY's for dog items.  I promise I will spoil this puppy!










2 comments:

  1. I've never had a dog, only parakeets. It's nice that you were able to have a good bond with your dog. I hope that your long wait is over soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment might have just blessed me because a day after I got my puppy!

      Delete