Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My New Puppy!

       The day has finally arrived.  Yesterday, April 24th, my family brought home a new member of the family.  It was a spontaneous thing, we really weren't anticipating to get him so soon.  Let me introduce him; His name is Zuko, named after the character in Avatar: The Last Airbender. He is a red nose pitbull and has big floppy ears and a bit of loose skin.  He is 2 months and 3 days old.

       That day I actually messaged another person who had red nose pitbull puppies (age:1 week) and we were going to wait for that puppy, however I ended up checking the website again and saw a new ad was posted 2 hours ago.  It was about 2 red nose pitbull puppies (age: 2 months) that were for sale.  So we called and the owner told us both dogs were already pending to be adopted, especially the brown one (mine).  But we were persistent, we offered to pay more for the dog and take him home that same day.  Finally, the owner agreed and called off the other guy.  So we went to pick him up.  When we saw him he had two scars on the top of his head and he looked a bit malnourished. In the car ride he threw up four times (5 in total) and each time I had to capture it with a puppy pad. 

       When we finally arrived home we showed him the backyard and the inside of the house. We also used a pillow for a bed and I think he believes it's his 'safe-spot'.  Our family thinks he was abused because of the scars, past diet, and because he's very shy and scared of men.  As of right now he hasn't barked, or played. He's just been sleeping and staying on his pillow.  

       The night was the worst.  I slept on the couch to make sure he'd be fine and in the middle of the night he started crying.  So I woke up, gave him a warm blanket and waited until he feel back to sleep. But right after I left he kept crying so I brought his pillow near the couch and home e slept peacefully. As of right now I am only running on a maximum of 3 hours of sleep.

       Out of the entire family, my father and I have the closest bond with him.  I can tell his life is going to be phenomenal with us. 

#1 Puppy Blog

How Our Puppy Looks (Not him)












2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you were able to get Zuko! I hope that guys can be good friends and that you can get some more sleep.

    ReplyDelete