Monday, April 17, 2017

The Dysfunctional People I Call My Family

       Everyone has that one family member who is a bit on the nuttier side, for me it seems as if my entire family is on that side.  And no - I am not excluding myself because I am fully aware of how crazy I actually am, but that's the only time you'll catch me admitting that.  It's only until I tell funny stories about my family to other people that I realize how weird we actually are.  I have to say, it's pretty mortifying .

       Not only are they strange but they are also very, very, and I mean VERY irritating.  I, the middle child, either get ignored when I want their attention or get their attention when I want to be ignored.  

Example A (not getting attention):
Me: Mom, guess what?
Mom: Hhhm?
Me: *proceeds to tell a story*
Mom: What'd you say? I totally blocked you out, *starts laughing*

Example B (getting their attention when I don't want it)

Sister: Hey, I'm going to summarize five episodes of Once Upon A Time  to you.
Me: I'm busy doing homework, maybe another time.
Sister: *proceeds to summarize all the episodes*

       The examples I displayed above are only the mild situations, they get much worse.  On top of this, my sister acts like she's some perfect, beautiful, singer.  I can guarantee the first two statements aren't true.  She also randomly has urges to hit either my brother and I, resulting into major fights and many bruises.  She straight up man-handles us!  Don't get me wrong, we get along in some occasions but other times she's just plain crazy.  When she's home all chaos breaks loose!  I'm getting irritated just writing about her.

       Now for my younger brother. He is the youngest of the three and happens to have the biggest age gap.  I mostly despise him because if it weren't for him I wouldn't be the middle child and I'd still have my spotlight (it sounds selfish but I promise is you were a middle child you'd understand).  He also has a very short temper and copies everything I say, which drives me nuts!  The only time we get along is when my sister and parents aren't around.

       I would get into details about my parents but they are just a whole other crazy.  For crying out loud everything even stated in this post are just mild descriptions of reality.   Moral of the story - Please pray for Evelyn, for she has to live with a bunch of psychopaths.





       

No comments:

Post a Comment