Friday, December 9, 2016

The Demi-Gods Aren't All That


Book: Percy Jackson & The Olypians - The Titans Curse

Author: Rick Riordan

Page #: 1-312 (finished)

Prompt: What Are my Thoughts on the Characters?

~~~~~~~~

     The Titans Curse is the third book of the Percy Jackson series, which I have been reading for the past two months. I'm enjoying the series but there are a few characters that I like and others that I don't.  Unfortunately, there are more annoying characters than good ones.

       In the last book, The Sea of Monsters, Zeus's daughter came back to life.  Her name is Thaila and even though she is technically supposed to be aged she's not, her hair is kind of punk rock just like her style.  As soon as she came back to life she was all of a sudden the leader, which I didn't like. The chacarters pushed Percy away and gave her more significance. She also has a very short temper and gets away with the slightest anger outburst. Overall, she's very annoying and I just don't like how she took Percy's place and thinks she's the new leader.

        This leads me to the my favorite character, which is pretty obvious, but it's Percy. He is my favorite character because he's more of a human than the others. This means he sees true emotions, and is more blunt. He is able to view the bad of a person, and honestly to me he is the smartest. That is why I like him, the other characters can get blinded easily by Luke or can be oblivious.

         Another character I don't like is Bianca because she also came into the group like Thaila thinking she's big and bad. I just didn't like it. However, I do like Annabeth and Grover because they aren't as arrgonant as the others but they still get blinded easily.

         Overall, I really only like three characters and hate the rest. They are the leaders to me and have the most reasonable thinking and experience.











No comments:

Post a Comment