Monday, October 31, 2016

Veteran's Day Poem

Veteran’s Poem -

Mommy left today,
She told me she’d be okay.
She kissed my forehead and told me to stay safe,    
She turned with a tear and went to another place.

Mommy wrote me a letter today.
She’s in Afghanistan which is very far away.
I don’t know what she’s doing there,
I just hope she takes care.

Mommy hasn’t contacted me,
I can’t help staring at her favorite tree.
It reminds me of how she’s tall and strong,
So I care for it while singing our favorite song.

Daddy said mommy is going to take long,
I can’t help but feel like something’s wrong.
I tell myself she’s fine,
I fall asleep with her in my mind.

Mommy came home today!
I couldn’t help just screaming hooray!
Our family is together and happy,
She receives a big hug from me and my daddy.

Mom had to go back,
She says the US wants a counterattack.
I stay home and pray for her,
Time goes by in a blur.

Mother flys home to my graduation,
She calls it a small break from the nation.
She says she gets to stay home for good,
And is sorry for missing years of her motherhood.

I tell her I love her with all my heart,
And I'm glad we no longer have to be apart.
I thank her for fighting,
She makes everyone’s day brighten.





1 comment: