Friday, November 4, 2016

Blog for 11/4/16


Prompt: Write a letter as a character to another character in the story. \\

Book: The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall

Author: Katie Alender

Page # : 329

~~~~

       When Delia's aunt passes away she leave the house to her.  However, this house is no ordinary home. It was once known as an asylum for girls and over several years became haunted. Delia and her family intend to spend the summer fixing it up to get it ready to sell, however that trip gets cut short. The house traps Delia, it has a hunger to keep 'troubled girls'. Delia must do her best to free herself and her new friends.



Dear Little Namesake, 

I havern't been able to write much, I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave soon.  I don't feel so lonely anymore, but I no longer feel as safe as I once felt.  I'm not sure how I'm going to leave, I'm doing my best to thinks of ways so I won't be or feel trapped. 

On another note I will leave my house to you in my will, I know you are young still but when the day comes I need you to try to fix what I couldn't.  When it is inherited don't be afraid of what lurks, take some salt with you to be safe. 

My apology for scaring you, you must believe I am a crazy old lady. Cleanse the house and sell it immediately, don't hold on to it, it's been in our family far too long. 

Enough of that subject, how's school? Tell your mom, sister, and my brother I said hi.  And please forgive me for what I must do. 

I hold my trust and many people's future in your hands. Stay Safe. 

Love, 

Aunt Cordelia. 

P.S - I must also apologize for the inconsistences in my writing, I'm trying to write as much as I can in the short period of time that I have.  It seems like that's what I've been running out of.








No comments:

Post a Comment