Friday, October 14, 2016

Blog for 10-8-16


Prompt: Summary, thoughts, and recommandation.

Book: Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief

Author : Rick Riordan

~~~~~

       Percy Jackson is a half-blood which means he is half human, half god.  He attends a private highschool with his best friend Grover for sometime until something strange happens.  A dangerous and scary encounter with his teacher causes his normal life to completely end and he is forced to go to a special summer camp.  At this camp he is surrounded by people just like him and he is given the opportunity to befriend them. However, his stay is short because one of the God's most prized possessions is stolen.  Percy must return this item, causing him to go on an epic and adventurous quest with his two best friends.

       This book is quite an old story, most people have already read it.  I've finally got the chance to read it and I am happy I made the decision to pick it.  To me, I loved it.  It was a very fast read and the plot kept me going further within the pages.  I've always had an interest in Greek mythology and being able to read and learn about it was really fun and interesting. The main character, Percy Jackson, is a well developed character and his personality is a bit vague.  The book and movie are completely different, which I still don't know how to feel about it.  Overall, I really enjoyed the book.

       I would recommand this story to a person who is interested in long series, it isn't for someone who wants a small book to finish.  It is great for people who are fascinated in Greek mythology since the whole story revolves around it.  This book is a story that pulls you in automatically and causes you to read it constantly, so if you have a lot of spare time and want a story to read then I strongly sugggest reading this story and continuing with the series.  Lastly, this story is great for people who like action mixed with a bit of monsters.  However, I think everyone to try to read it, maybe it just might work for them.





No comments:

Post a Comment