Thursday, October 6, 2016

Blog - 10/3/16


     I haven't traveled very far, actually I've never been outside of the Midwest.  The last time I actually "traveled" outside of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana ina, or Michigan, was went I went to Flordia at the age of two.  As you can assume, I don't remember much, only a few things, but even those are to fuzzy to put a story behind it.  You'd think since I've never really traveled I'd have a dream trip though out, but that's not the case.  The only place I would want to visit is Australia or England, but those details aren't planned out.  Instead, I'm going to tell about one of my yearly trips from when Iwent camping.

       Each summer, in late June or July, my family decides to go camping.  Our grandparents and cousins also go, but they have their own spot.  The campsite is located in Michigan, a few hours away.  The campground we go to is semi-modern, meaning the only really nice thing we have are the bathrooms and showers.  There are no pools, not many cabins, nor are there any small buildings where events are held.

       We only stayed about three nights and during the first two days we would go on 'adventures'.  These adventures consisted of following my dad through these narrows bushy paths, starting at the campsite and going through the woods.  We would continue the path until we reached the beach then go back to the site. Another day we climbed a sand mountain, it was very high.

       In the night we would roast marshmallows, tell stories, play UNO, and just kind of chill.  Sometimes we'd walk around the campsite, the stars in the sky are very big and clear. It's quite a sight.

       Since my grandparents had a camper, my sister and I would sleep on the opposite bed while my parents slept in a separate tent.  It was way more confortable then an air-mattresses in a small thin tent.

       The second day there we went home to pick up our dog and take him back to the campsite. We did this because my cousin, who was watching him, said that he wasn't eating and was moping around because he missed us. As soon as we saw him he immediately brightend up.  He hopped onto our car and we drove back to continue the last night of our vacation.

       The last day there we all went up the sand mountain s a family, and took the sand trail all the way to the beach.  By the time we got there we were all sweaty and tired, dog included. We ended up swimming a bit and retrieving our pre-packed stuff after, then leaving. That was my summer camping trip, the great thing is I get to create more every summer !



No comments:

Post a Comment