Wednesday, January 25, 2017

One of My Worst Arguments

       Everyone has an argument with someone at one point in their life, and if they haven't then they're probably lying. I've personally had multiple, most for the stupidest reasons. The experience I'm going to be talking about today is when my two (ex)bestfriends said they were not going to come to my birthday party for a selfish reason.

       I had been planning my party for weeks and talking to my best friend, we'll call him Spoon, about it. We were both excited for it. However, a week before my actual party my other best friend, we'll call her Knife, got into a relationship with Spoon. At that time I invited them both and they asked me who else I was inviting. So I told them, and one of my close friends who Spoon happened to date before was on that list because she was my close friend too. Upon hearing this they both said they weren't going to come. Mind you I was actually face timing Knife while she told me this and messaging Spoon at the same time. So she told me she wasn't going and I simply said "Fine." and hung up. I also stopped replying to Spoon.

       So Knife continued to spam my phone, she constantly kept calling me to the point where I had to block her because my phone wasn't able to function. Finally I unblocked her and we got into an argument where she said it wasn't going to be fair to his ex and I kept saying they were beyond selfish. This also happened with Spoon. But Spoon apologized first and said he would come while Knife was still trying to fight it. The most ironic thing is that I talked to his ex (my friend) and she said she would come because I'm still her best friend and she will always be there for me no matter what.

       After, I basically started crying, pathetic now that I think about it. They apologized and said they would still come (which they did). I actually learned a lot from this experience, this argument should've been my first red flag that they were bad friends but that's a story for another time. I learned that Spoon and Knife never were my true friends, they always put themselves first. I also learned that I shouldn't dwell on other people, especially when they obviously won't think about me. Lastly, I learned that it's okay to let go of people because it shapes you into a stronger person and the obstacles you face in your life are just a test to see how strong you really are.

 


1 comment:

  1. I hate arguements like these because you spend so much time on them and then realize that they weren't even worth it. In regards to the lesson at the bottom of this post, I still have to work on that.

    ReplyDelete