Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Remake of Cinderella...But She's a Robot?!


Book: Cinder (The Lunar Chronciles)

Page: 1-390 (finish

Prompt: Write a letter to one of the characters in the story as if you were the main character. 

~~~~

Dear Emperor Kai, 

I am extremely sorry for not telling you earlier that I am half cyborg, as someone who is extremely self-conscious and always wishes to be normal I had to keep it my secret. As for being half Lunar, I wasn't aware until Queen Levena arrived.  It was all a scary and catoic experience for me. So many things were happening, my sister died, my step-mon and other step-sister treated me horribly, I was continuously being tested as a subject to find the cure, my best friend was taken away, and not to mention your persistent offers on the ball. I was not intending for all this to happen at once, or at all to be frank. 

After being locked up in a small jail until Queen Levena's departure back to our home planet I spoke to the Dr. He has confirmed my identity. I have been the one you've been searching endlessly for the past couple days, weeks, months even. I am Princess Selene. I should be dead, I shouldn't be here on Earth, I now realize that. I am sorry for the position I have put you and the entire Earth.

Queen Levena will kill me, no doubt about it. She will see me as a threat to overthrow her spot as Queen. I cannot think of a way to save myself or the citizens of both my and your planet. I'm deeply sorry, I wish I couldn't just go back to being half-human and half-cyborg. By the time you are reading this I don't know where I'll be. I just hope you take care and forgive me. 

                                                                                         Yours truly, 
                                                                                                           Princess Selene/Cinder 


















No comments:

Post a Comment